While Hong Kong is where you can trace our beginnings, our borderless community is where you’ll find our soul. Learn about our journey, our community, what sparks real conversations and why we’ve started saving short-dated food.
Founded by Terence Hon, Allison Chan, Ben So and Cherissa Hung in Hong Kong in 2016, GreenPrice is a social enterprise specialized in retailing surplus and short-dated stock. Started in a university social innovation competition, the idea soon became a standalone store in December of 2016 in Kowloon Peninsula.
Our vision for our store was to create more than a place where people could discover ever-changing selection of quality merchandise at significant discount, we wanted to create a community hub where people could learn and discuss the way of living a sustainable life. It was also important for us to create real relationships with our guests and understand what they were passionate about, how they liked to dine and help them celebrate their goals.
Our core values of quality, product, integrity, entrepreneurship, thoughtfulness and fun are lived by our people every day and are at the heart of our unique company culture.
Unlike traditional retailers, we generally don't do promotions, sales or other gimmicks, just big labels at a significant discount to the price on the high street, every single day. We're also not an outlet store. An outlet store typically sells merchandise from a single manufacturer. We are different – we offer you brands from hundreds of vendors to save resources for the city.
We love our bright, modern stores, and our lean, no-frills way of working helps us pass spectacular savings onto you. So, don't expect fancy extras in our stores – just amazing brands, food, green, prices and quality.
If you love it, grab it. We don't hold replenishment product in our stock rooms and often, the store managers don't even know what's coming until they throw open the delivery lorry doors. That's what makes us so exciting to shop.
Our buyers are opportunistic and entrepreneurial. With a keen eye for brands, food and quality and great negotiating skills, they negotiate the lowest possible price, and pass the savings on. The amount we buy from each brand varies greatly - what matters is that we think you will love the products and the prices.
- Grantee of DBS Foundation Social Enterprise Grant
- Champion, Best Presentation and Grantee of CUHK Hong Kong Social Enterprise Challenge
- FSES Best New Social Enterprise 2017
- Grantee of SIC One-stop Supportive Scheme for Young Entrepreneurs
- Winning team of Ethical Consumption Elevator Pitching
- Grantee of Jockey Club Incubation Program
- Grantee of PolyU Micro Fund Program
- Winning team of Roadshow Eco Star Awards
- Grantee of YMCA x Citibank Entrepreneurship Program
- HKFYG Most favourite Social Innovation Business Award
- Winning team of CityU x HKSTP Idea Battle
- Grantee of SIE Good Seed Social Innovation Program